Reverend William (Billy) M. Lewis
St. Mark’s UMC
27 Broad Street
Sumter, SC 29150
Fax: (803) 773-3623
St. Mark’s United Methodist Church had a humble beginning in 1893, starting as a Sunday School in the old Curtis home on South Main Street. The church changed its location and name several times, which included the Sumter City Mission, Magnolia Street Methodist Episcopal Church, South Broad Street Methodist Church on the southeast corner of Broad Street, and in 1927, to its present location on the northeast corner of Broad and Church Streets.
The name was changed to St. Mark’s United Methodist Church in 1946 when the present sanctuary was dedicated. In 1993, St. Mark’s celebrated 100 years of ministry to the Sumter community.